Get Ready for Summer
May 7, 2014
Paul Tapia, PA – BreatheAmerica Albuquerque It’s almost time to begin the long summer vacations, camping, etc., and as the weather gets warmer we all begin to come out of our winter hibernation and start living again. Before you or the kids head off on a trip it’s a good idea to stop by your local BreatheAmerica center and make sure everyone has all the medications and supplies they need for a healthy trip.
Often, families take off on trips and find out later that Epi-Pens, asthma inhalers/nebulizers, and allergy medications aren’t up to date. Now is the time to prepare, consider re-evaluation of food and/or environmental allergies, and make sure you have everything you need before beginning a trip.
During these visits, we can do some or all of the following:
- Update pulmonary function testing.
- Ensure patients are using the appropriate asthma inhalers.
- Update food allergies by conducting skin or blood tests.
- Discuss new options available for Epinephrine auto-injectors (Auvi-Q vs. EpiPen).
- Update school paperwork in preparation for going back to school in the fall.
We always look forward to seeing our patients, and are happy to help get you and your family prepared for a great summer.